About Dr Andrew Heyman
- Medical Practitioner
- National Clinical Chair of the Consortium of Academic Health Centres for Integrative Medicine
- Program Director for the Department of Integrative and Metabolic Medicine at George Washington University
- Faculty member of the Fellowship for Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine Fellowship (A4M)
- Online Editor for the Journal of Men’s Health
- Editor in Chief of the Internet Journal of Anti-Aging and Aesthetic Medicine
Dr. Andrew Heyman, an Internationally recognized Integrative & Natural Medicine expert to Auckland to share valuable insights on the impact of the “stress system” on various disease processes.
Dr. Heyman has been featured on the Discovery Channel, Martha Stewart Living Magazine, Ladies Home Journal, Natural Health Magazine and appeared in many other TV and print venues and isa widely sought after and celebrated speaker around the world on many Integrative Medicine topics. His teaching approach is described as deeply rooted in scientific evidence grounded in the clinical reality of expert patient care and readily accessible to both the new learner and seasoned practitioner alike.
About the Seminar:
This seminar provided health professionals with an advanced understanding of the body’s “stress system”, the HPA axis and outlined clear strategies for treating stress-driven hormone imbalances, thyroid dysfunction, metabolic disorders and autoimmune conditions.
Top Learning Objectives:
- Overview of & link between the HPT & HPA Axis
- Understand the major reversible stressors driving HPA Axis dysfunction
- Discuss the Intersection of the stress response, immune, & gastrointestinal system
- Understand the microbiome & its impact on me ntal emotional stress
- Natural & pharmacological intervention options for improving glycemic control & hormone balance
- Case studies