Am I Experiencing Burnout?
We are living at a time of global change. We are learning to live differently to mitigate risks and reduce exposure to a potentially deadly virus, and we are making changes to antiquated systems with hopes of a brighter future. Overwhelmingly, the world around us is changing and no matter how the changes make you feel, change itself is stressful.
- Sanders, Robert. “Researchers find out why some stress is good for you.” Berkeley News. April 16, 2013. https://news.berkeley.edu/2013/04/16/researchers-find-out-why-some-stress-is-good-for-you/
- Segal, Jeanne, et al. “Stress Symptoms, Signs, and Causes” Help Guide. May 2020. https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/stress-symptoms-signs-and-causes.htm#:~:text=Chronic%20stress%20disrupts%20nearly%20every,speed%20up%20the%20aging%20process.
- Azizoddin, Desiree R., et al. “Longitudinal Study of Fatigue, Stress, and Depression: Role of Reduction in Stress Towards Improvement in Fatigue.” Arthritis Care & Research (2019).
- Drake, Christopher L., Vivek Pillai, and Thomas Roth. “Stress and sleep reactivity: a prospective investigation of the stress-diathesis model of insomnia.” Sleep 37.8 (2014): 1295-1304.
- Torres, Susan J., and Caryl A. Nowson. “Relationship between stress, eating behavior, and obesity.” Nutrition 23.11-12 (2007): 887-894.