How Your Hormones Affect Every Aspect Of Your Life w/ Dr. Carrie Jones
Understanding what your hormones are doing is critical to understanding your health. To do that, you’ll need to take a hormone test. But there are many factors that can affect a hormone test that can lead to inaccurate results. Going to get your blood drawn is a disruption of your daily routine and, if you’re like many people, needles are going to be an added stressor. It also only gives you a snapshot of one moment out of the day. To truly understand what’s going on with your hormones though, you need a comprehensive test that you can take throughout the day with minimal disruption.
In this podcast Dr. Carrie’s discussion is about many important topics surrounding your hormonal health. The effects of stress, exercise, childbirth and so much more have profound effects. Knowledge is perhaps your most crucial tool.
In this episode:
- How your cortisol levels fluctuate throughout the day and what you can learn from observing it
- The ways in which adrenal and sex hormones affect your muscle tissue quality
- The potential negative consequences of running and overtraining
- Nutrients and vitamins you can take to help get your adrenals back in line
- Postpartum effects to your hormone balance and how you can best get back to your old rhythm
- How to monitor your hormone cycles to increase your odds of conceiving
- The connection between gluten and thyroid issues