- Maps Hormones Through a Full Menstrual Cycle
- Provides a Comprehensive View of Key Hormone Fluctuations Throughout an Entire Cycle
- More Accurate than Saliva for Progesterone and Especially for Estradiol
This test ‘maps’ out estrogen (E1, E2) and progesterone (a- and ß- metabolites) fluctuations throughout the menstrual cycle. The results come as visualised urinary measurements and a separate report offers “serum equivalent” numbers to make the test more intuitive to more classically trained providers.
Plus, you can also add our regular DUTCH hormone profiles along with Cycle Mapping from one convenient collection kit.
Why would I use this test?
This test is not for everyone. It is intended for any particularly challenging premenopausal patients.
It is most useful in cases of:
- Patients with functional ovaries, but who have had their uterus removed (no bleeding)
- Patients with uterine ablations (cycling, but not bleeding)
- Patients with highly irregular cycles (making it hard to test them well in one day)
- Patients with intermittent symptoms that seems to ‘cycle’ with their hormones
This test is not Intended for:
- Postmenopausal women
- Women on birth control (suppresses ovulation and produces clinically irrelevant data on a cycle mapping test)
What are the key benefits of this test?
- Provides a uniquely comprehensive view of key female hormone fluctuations/balance throughout an entire cycle
- More accurate than saliva for progesterone and especially for estradiol
- Easier and more extensive collections for improved characterisation of hormone peaks over time
- The most accurate methods available are used for each test. These methods show increased accuracy over the standard immunoassays used in typical serum and saliva testing
- All Precision Analytical testing methods go through a rigorous and ongoing validation process to verify accuracy, precision, recovery, linearity, etc. in the pursuit of the most accurate and precise techniques available for hormone testing